Whitby Dance Company's COVID-19 Protocols
In light of COVID-19 we continue to do everything we can to mitigate risk and prevent exposure among the dancers, faculty and staff. We are practicing social distancing, wearing face coverings, disinfecting barres, floors, and any other surfaces the dancers might touch between every class. We use a government-approved cleaner throughout the studio to ensure that our campers, dancers, faculty and staff are kept safe.
Health And Hygiene Precautions
- All staff will be trained on COVID-19 operational procedures, symptoms, hand washing and sanitizing.
- All individuals entering the facility are to be wearing a mask.
- Dancers will require a mask for entry and exit of the building. Once they are in their social distanced square their mask can be removed.
- Faculty will wear PPE appropriate to their job function.
- Faculty will maintain a minimum 2-meter social distancing.
- All restrooms and touch surface areas will be sanitized hourly/between class switchovers.
- The facility is professionally sanitized by EnviroNize Anolyte.
- Faculty are required to notify management if they are symptomatic or have been in close contact with anyone who has, and they will not be allowed to work until they have passed a quarantine period.
Prior to entering the studio:
Self Screening At Home – The health precautions start with your own evaluation at home – Is anyone in the family exhibiting any symptoms that suggest illness? Has anyone returned from abroad within the last 14 days? If so, please inform the studio as soon as possible by email. Please under any circumstances, please do NOT bring a sick child for class. Please do NOT come to the studio if you or anybody in the household is sick or showing symptoms.
Everyone will be required to complete the Whitby Dance Company COVID-19 screening/tracking form EACH WEEK. The form can be accessed here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfuIASWzp_9gBmkk1QSIBqCbR-pLOcJnNGrmdDWHPVWc3OvKg/viewform?usp=sf_link. We require that all dancers and parents entering the building fill out this electronic form prior to being granted access to the studio.
- Until further notice, only students and faculty can enter our facility.
- In order to support physical distancing, avoid a crowded lobby, and to adhere to our buildings rules of no one in the public hallways – parents/guardians are asked to leave the building during class time. They will be able to live stream their dancers class through our secure video delivery system: My Digital Dance Studio. You can flawlessly view live classes from parking lot, coffee shop or anywhere else on the app from any device. If a student is unable to make class, they can still see and participate remotely. Each class will have a specific login code for their class time slot only. This will be set up with the parent/guardian email address on file – and only approved email addresses can access viewing the class.
- All Students will be greeted at the purple studio door by their dance teacher or a member of the Whitby Dance Company team.
- Parents/guardians/siblings are advised to stay in their respective cars in the parking lot.
- Please note if your dancer is showing symptoms of COVID-19, reads a temperature 38F or higher, or communicates that they do not feel well, a parent phone call will be made and the dancer will be asked to go home immediately.
- Upon entering or exiting the facility, using the washrooms or entering/exiting a classroom everyone must use our hand sanitizing stations, conveniently located throughout our facility to sanitize their hands thoroughly.
- All students will come dressed, ready for class. Students will require a dance bag with only their basic supplies (their dance shoes, a water bottle and to put their outside clothing in).
- No one is permitted to hang out in the building prior to 5mins before their classes have begun and after 5mins of their classes ending.
- Parents/guardians will pick their dancer up at the same purple studio door as drop-off, students will be signed out by their dance teacher or a member of the Whitby Dance Company Team.
- Parents/guardians must be on time. **Picking up your dancer on time is extremely important, as we must have time to sanitize in between classes, and to bring the next class of students in.
- We have staggered start and end times to reduce the number of students entering and exiting the building at one time. This will also allow us to fully sanitize the space between classes.
- Lobby, change rooms and hallways will be closed until further notice.
- Dancers will bring belongings in with them (please keep minimal personal belongings, water bottle, dance shoes and training tools only).
- Anything left behind in the studio will be disposed of after class.
- Parents will drop dancers off no sooner than 5 minutes prior to their class and pick them up promptly when they are finished.
- Each time you bring your dancer into the studio you are ensuring that they are symptom free and if there is any chance that they are otherwise they will be sent home.
- Within the studio, dancers will be given their own socially distanced space to dance in. All space has been taped out and professionally disinfected.
- As the Front Lobby is closed, any payment or questions can be done over email, email@example.com or by booking an appointment. (Any parent/guardian entering the studio will be required to wear a mask).
- If you need to make a payment in-person, please email and book an appointment.
- All other inquiries are to be done via email, to limit the in-person contact for both WDC Families and Faculty.
- Administrators will be available over email Monday-Friday.
Thank you for your cooperation!
We cannot do this without you. Whitby Dance Company has taken every measure possible to keep our dancers, faculty, and staff healthy and safe. Children that are not feeling well or have fever are asked to stay home.
Thank you for doing your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.